- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Clever Core New Zealand
- Job Reference:CLC/24171
- Closing Date:07 Dec 2022
Clever Core is New Zealand’s largest purpose-designed, off-site manufacturer of the structural core for residential housing. We work with architects and designers to develop plans that are compatible with our large-scale automated manufacturing process. These plans are used to manufacture closed wall panels, floor and roof cassettes which are then assembled on-site by our assembly team to complete our customer offering. While offsite manufacturing is relatively new to New Zealand, it’s already considered best practice for streamlining the production of homes at scale and pace in the European and North American markets.
Why Join Us?
The set-up of the plant is complete, we have a fabulous team in place, and we have been delivering successful projects for our residential building clients for several months. We’ve developed a unique system for assembling the structural core of a home in as little as a day! We’re now looking to expand our design capability to produce different typologies for our customers, so we need more Clever Core team members to help lead our business to even greater success.
As a Design Coordinator reporting to the Design Manager, you will be required to:
• Manage the modelling of designs for fabrication to allow manufacturing of our products and services
• Ensure the panelisation building systems are optimised for both design, engineering, manufacturing, and assembly
• Review the fabrication model, shop drawings and machine files of panelised houses for manufacture using our specialised offsite construction software HSBCAD (training will be provided).
• Review shop drawings of windows, doors, stairs, roofing, etc
• Provide coordination between the Design Manager, Design Technicians, Client, Engineers, services consultants, plant manufacturing and assembly team.
• Work with our internal CAD QA/auditing team for continuous improvement of our typology library
You will be someone who is passionate about bringing innovation to the construction industry and who is excited about being a part if the future of building in NZ. We are looking for the following types of skills & experience:
• Formal qualifications in either Architecture, Engineering or Design
• Knowledge of residential consenting and sound understanding of New Zealand building code compliance regulations
• Knowledge of offsite house construction methodologies/techniques
• Experience in both 2D and 3D CAD modelling/knowledge or experience in CADWORK software package would be an advantage
• Knowledge of DFMA (design for manufacturing assembly) principles
Applications should be made by submitting a CV and letter outlining your interest, motivation and what you would bring to this role by way of background, experience and fit for the role and our team. Please apply online.
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.