Digital Engineering Lead
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:FCC Infrastructure
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:22 Jan 2022
Digital Engineering Lead– Eastern Busway - Botany
The Eastern Busway is a significant project for Auckland and forms a key part of the region’s rapid transport network. Similar to the Northern Busway, it will create separate lanes for new high-frequency bus services to connect people from Botany, Pakuranga and the surrounding suburbs with the rail network in Panmure. The project includes cycling and walking paths, safety, environment and roading improvements, and a Reeves Road flyover, giving people a range of travel options and more reliable journey times.
Construction is due to start in 2022 and to be completed in 2026 subject to consent approvals and the easing of pandemic restrictions. During this important design and provisioning phase, we have an opportunity for an experienced Digital Engineer or Project Engineer with a talent for bridging the relationship between design and construction to set into a lead position on this exciting project.
• Implement the agreed engineering management strategy and procedures for the project.
• Coordinate and review design packages
• Assess design risk and manage its mitigation.
• Identify design opportunities and manage their implementation
• Manage the coordination of design between the designers, client, and construction team
• Provide technical support to procurement team to ensure that technical requirements are meet along the procurement stage
Key skills and qualifications needed:
• Five years as Design/Engineering Lead or equivalent in a construction or engineering firm.
• Five years in Civil Engineering or Structure Design, or
• Tertiary qualification in Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) or related field
• Effective communication skills – both verbal and written, and the ability to communicate with a variety of people.
For more information about the Eastern Busway visit easternbusway.nz or watch a video here.
The Fletcher Construction Company is part of Fletcher Building, established in 1909. Responsible for iconic builds across New Zealand, Fletcher Building has a strong tradition in providing excellence in delivery of infrastructure that helps our communities to thrive.
Interested? Please apply now to find out more about this opportunity. More information about Fletcher Building can be found at: https://fletcherbuilding.com/our-business/construction/