- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Location:Palmerston North
- Job Reference:FCH/24582
- Closing Date:11 Jun 2022
The Roading Team at our Palmerston North branch are looking for an experienced Grader Operator to join the team.
• Lead from the front across the roading crews with your grader experience
• Opportunities to progress your career to Leading Hand and Foreman
• Support to gain further licences and tickets
• Competitive hourly rate
• Awesome benefits for you and your family to enjoy
• Brand new PPE gear (that’s your own personal protective equipment)
Your operating skills and experience are highly sought after within the roading and wider drainage crew. There is opportunity available to support other crew members to upskill and pass on your knowledge and experience.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Strong operating experience in a construction environment
• A high level of physical fitness due to the physical nature of the role
• Strong focus on health and safety not only for yourself, your colleagues but also the public
• Self-motivated with a positive attitude and the ability to think for yourself
• Be reliable, honest and a flexible team player
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga