Maintenance Technician (Fitter)
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Stramit
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:10 Jun 2022
Proud to be Australian Made
Our products and people shape homes and communities. We’re one of Australia’s leading manufacturers and suppliers of roll formed steel building products – and for good reason.
You will see us on the roofs of iconic buildings and stadiums that span the Australian landscape. Our doors and panels open many commercial and residential builds. Our commitment is on high quality, custom made installations that put our customers unique needs and aspirations at the heart of all we do.
The Stramit difference
Here at Stramit, we are on a growth journey. We’re big enough to give you the all the benefits of a national network but small enough to know our customers first name. We get the job done right, every time – no matter how complex.
We know that great people get things done. Our values guide our decision making, and we know we are all better together. We believe all injuries are preventable and we never walk past – we speak up and take action. Our people share ideas and are encouraged to have a go. We anticipate and create solutions for our customers. We’re on the lookout for an experienced Maintenance Fitter.
Key focus & responsibilities
You will play a vital role in the safety, efficiency and profitability of our facility in Erskine Park. As a Maintenance Fitter you will be responsible for mechanical maintenance on steel rolling mills critical for our operation. You will be involved in hands-on preventative maintenance, repairs refurbishments and maintenance planning.
Our business is fast moving and customer focused, we design and build everything to detailed customer specification and pride ourselves on service and quality. We are currently experiencing a surge in demand and you will contribute to the ongoing growth of the business.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Based on-site in Erskine Park covering all production lines
- Preventative and reactive maintenance, ad-hoc projects
- Installing, commissioning and training on various manufacturing machines
- Having strong safety focus, communication and working in a team
What we need you to bring to our team
- Strong mechanical and technical aptitude, working in machine-based operations
- Strong Safety focus with a preventative/proactive approach and the ability to manage any OH&S issues to resolution
- Consultative hands on approach with a diverse workforce
We are on the lookout for;
- Qualified Fitter or Mechanical certificate or equivalent
- Experience in machine-based manufacturing environments or equipment
- Willingness to share knowledge and or learn new skills
- Any experience in welding, grinding, machining would be advantageous
What is in it for you?
You will be joining an iconic Australian brand that is constantly evolving. With our grit, determination and relentless pursuit for excellence, we are constantly on the lookout for design and innovation enhancements to improve built landscapes. With a team that blends years of experience with youthful curiosity, we are searching for a team player to build our future together.
We commit to:
- Empowering you to shape the transformation of our business;
- Working with you to chase your career aspirations
- Ongoing education and cross functional collaboration;
- Diversity & Inclusivity – embracing all backgrounds and ethnicity
So, if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit to grow an exciting career with Stramit!