Traffic Management Operative
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Traffic Management
- Business Group:Higgins
- Location:Palmerston North
- Job Reference:FCH/24974
- Closing Date:18 Dec 2023
The Green Team at our branch in Palmerston North are looking for a permanent full time Traffic Management Operative to join our growing Traffic Management division.
- Grow and develop in a supportive team who treat each other like Whanau
- Progress to STMS level – paid by us!
- Competitive hourly rate + guaranteed 40 hours per week
- Awesome benefits for you and your family to enjoy
- Access to Fletchers Building Benefits Programme, including:
- A brand-new market-leading parental leave policy to ensure employees are well supported throughout one of life’s most significant events.
- FB employee share scheme, educational and welfare funds
- A significant portfolio of retail benefits across major NZ businesses such as ANZ, Z energy ,PlaceMakers, Mico and Samsung.
- Brand new PPE gear (that’s your own personal protective equipment)
Your role will be to coordinate and control traffic, keep traffic flowing safely by watching, setting up barriers, signs and cone to provide safe workspaces for your colleagues. You’ll also help pedestrians and answer questions from local residents.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Traffic Management experience or willingness to train
- TC Qualification (Level 1 minimum) is desirable
- Full New Zealand Driver’s Licence Class 1 is essential
- Class 2 licence preferred or willingness to obtain one
- A safety-first attitude – for yourself, your team and the public
- Reliable, punctual, and motivated
- High level of physical fitness
- A team player with good Problem solving abilities
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.