Warehouse and Fabrication Operator
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Fletcher Insulation AU
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:22 Jun 2022
Fletcher Insulation (FI) is part of the Fletcher Building Group and is Australia’s leading insulation company. We are at the forefront of innovation and development of new trends, supplying our favorite brands of insulation - including Pink Batts® insulation, Sisalation® reflective foil and Permastop® building blanket - to name but a few.
With more than 16,000 people across Australia and New Zealand, the Fletcher Building family is a global community made up of people who use all their experience, skills and individuality to do amazing work.
About the Opportunity
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Warehouse & Fabrication operator to join our Jandakot team.
This role is a multiskilled dayshift position where you will be required to rotate between the Fabrication Line and the Warehouse Operations for the supply of product to our valued customers.
The key responsibility will be:
At the Fabrication line
- Basic understanding of production requirements
- Cleaning of Fabrication machine
- Pick and Pre-picking of orders
- General Raw Material handling skills
- Stock accuracy
- Load and unload containers and or trucks
- General warehouse forklift tasks
- Specialized skills in understanding RM storage requirements and styles, ability to pyramid stack and unstack safely
- Ability to use forklift attachments competently
- Be a proactive Team member
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to be flexible to support business requirements
- Have a continuous improvement mindset
- Machine operating skills (set up and run)
- Ability to pick orders accurately
- Display Competency in the operation of a Forklift with/without attachments
- Complete all tasks in a timely manner
- Identify any discrepancies and escalate to the relevant authority
- Conduct cycle counts
- Maintain acceptable levels of housekeeping
With operations across Australia and New Zealand, Fletcher Building provides a great platform to grow your career. In addition to career development pathways, you will have access to:
- Staff Discounts – generous discounts within the Fletcher Building group in addition to discounts on health insurance, banking, optical, travel, technology, car rental and more through our internal perks program!
- Learning Academy – an award-winning learning academy supporting your career development
- FB Excellence Awards – recognising, celebrating and sharing the best achievements in leadership, innovation, performance excellence and customer service
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.