Senior Project Manager
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/25580
- Closing Date:11 Jun 2022
We have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Senior Roading Construction Project Manager to join our team in the sunny Hawkes Bay to manage multiple projects across the region.
Based in Napier you will lead a team spread across varying project sites. You’ll apply your expertise to successfully manage programme, cost, quality, resources and most importantly safety outcomes across your portfolio of projects.
The projects range in value between $2 and $8 million and you will have between 2 and 5 direct reports at any one time. The Hawke’s Bay region has an excellent pipeline of future work and Higgins will be actively working to secure its share – it’s a great time to be joining a team that is already 200 strong!
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Civil Engineering Degree or similar (extensive experience post grad preferred)
• Experience leading, coaching and managing a team
• Extensive experience managing roading construction projects
• A strong focus on clients and relationships
• A strong focus on cost control and quality outcomes
• Understanding of the Construction Contracts Act and knowledge of NZS3910 is desirable
• Full clean Class 1 New Zealand Driver’s License
• Strong focus on health and safety not just your own but your colleagues and the public
• Self-motivated with a positive attitude and the ability to think for yourself
Ultimately you will bring strong experience as a Senior Level Project Manager within a road construction / surfacing environment and be able to show demonstrated leadership skills and advanced knowledge of the wider roading and civil industry.
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.