Traffic Management Operative
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Traffic Management
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/25597
- Closing Date:26 Jun 2022
The Green Team at our branch in Christchurch is looking for a permanent full time Traffic Management Operative (formally Traffic Controller) to join the Traffic Management Crew.
- Grow and develop in a supportive team who treat each other like Whanau
- Progress to STMS level – paid by us!
- Competitive hourly rate
- Awesome benefits for you and your family to enjoy
- Brand new PPE gear (that’s your own personal protective equipment)
Your role will be to coordinate and control traffic, keep traffic flowing safely by watching, setting up barriers, signs and cone to provide safe workspaces for your colleagues. You’ll also help pedestrians and answer questions from local residents.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- A safety-first attitude – for yourself, your team and the public
- A current Level 1 Basic Traffic Controllers Certificate or the new Traffic Management Operative warrant
- Full New Zealand Driver’s Licence Class 1
- Reliable, punctual, and motivated
- A good communicator
- High level of physical fitness
- A team player
- Problem solving ability
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
Higgins has implemented a vaccination procedure, and therefore, it is a requirement of this role to be fully vaccinated. In the event you are not vaccinated, or do not wish to disclose your vaccination status, we may not proceed with the recruitment process. Any offer of employment will be conditional upon vaccination proof being provided.
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.