Yard & Drive Thru Customer Service - Pukekohe
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Customer Service
- Business Group:PlaceMakers
- Job Reference:PMK AD/25706
- Closing Date:30 May 2022
Help us build New Zealand! PlaceMakers is New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s commercial and residential construction markets. Part of New Zealand’s largest listed company, Fletcher Building, we employ more than 2,100 people in over 60 locations across the country and stock more than 100,000 product lines from concrete to paint and plasterboard.
If you love working in a fast paced team environment with lots of variety then this could be for you!
Working in our yard and drive thru, you’ll be part of our vital front line team at our Pukekohe branch, responsible for delivering excellent service to our customers. Your energetic, outgoing nature and eye for detail will help you to ensure that our customers are receiving prompt, efficient service and sound advice while keeping safety at the forefront.
Dealing primarily with our building and trade customer base, your key responsibilities will include:
• Assisting within the yard and drive thru, providing customer service
• Loading of goods on to customer vehicles
• Getting customer delivery or collection orders ready
• Operating a Forklift to load and unload goods
• Assisting the Drive Thru / Yard Supervisor as directed to ensure an efficient warehouse is maintained
• Assisting with stock takes and dispatch
• Actively working to make sure you, our customers and your team mates are safe
With the role requiring a fair amount of heavy lifting, you will need to be physically fit. While previous building or warehousing experience would be an advantage, what matters more is your positive attitude and willingness to learn.
Customers are within the area the forklift is operating within and the role will require frequent use of a forklift so if you have an existing forklift licence or forklift experience this would be an advantage. If you don’t have a forklift licence already, that’s OK because we can provide full training however a clean full driver’s licence is essential.
Here at PlaceMakers you will have the ability to create lasting relationships and contribute to the success of our business. We offer amazing training, development and progression opportunities plus a competitive hourly rate and lots of staff benefits so you're in good hands with us!
Please note: The following will be required for successful application
• A full clean NZ drivers licence
• A pre-employment medical, including drug test will be required
• A valid, up to date Covid vaccine pass
• Evidence of the legal right to work in NZ
We are proud of the incredible diversity of people who make up our business! As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees across our national network of branches throughout New Zealand.