Class 4 HIAB Drivers - Nelson
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:PlaceMakers
- Job Reference:PMK 25837
- Closing Date:31 May 2022
Help us build New Zealand! PlaceMakers is New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s commercial and residential construction markets.
We are looking for reliable Delivery Drivers within the Nelson region. If you love driving and don’t want to be tied to a desk…and are looking for a fun, physical, outdoors role with lots of variety…then this is for you!
About the role:
Reporting to the Regional Transport Manager, the positions are permanent full-time, paid a minimum of 40 hours per week and working Monday to Friday with occasional Saturday work available, delivering orders to our customers in a timely, professional and safe manner. We use a range of hassle-free, modern-day apps and hand-held technology, limiting the need for drivers to complete lengthy paperwork, saving you time and making your life easier.
A fast-paced and physical role, you will be operating a modern 8 or 6 wheel truck with mounted crane and delivering orders to our customers whilst ensuring that we provide exceptional service at all times.
Day to day you will be:
- Collecting a consignment from our branches or plants and completing deliveries to our customers across the region
- Supporting the team to ensure our customers are receiving an exceptional service
To be considered you must possess the following:
- Hold a full, clean Class 4/5 NZ Drivers Licence
- Ability to pass a medical and a drug & alcohol test
- Have an excellent manner with people, especially customers
- Be physically fit as manual handling and heavy lifting are a requirement
- Be reliable and have a good attitude towards health & safety
- Able to obtain Hiab qualification (NZQA 16617) as part of our training programme
What we offer:
We are a fun, diverse team who work well together and support each other. We offer very competitive rates and a performance incentive scheme. You will have the opportunity for on-going training and development as well as a solid career path with career progression. In return, you will be joining a well-respected company offering a range of benefits that come with being part of the wider Fletcher Building Group, so you're in good hands with us!
As part of our recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment medical, drug and alcohol testing. Please note that all offers of employment will be conditional upon proof of vaccination being provided.
If you have a great attitude to work, are reliable, have good time keeping skills and an excellent manner with people, then we’d love to hear from you – please click apply!
We are proud of the incredible diversity of people who make up our business! As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees across our national network of branches throughout New Zealand.