- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/25970
- Closing Date:29 May 2022
In a joint venture between Higgins & HEB, the Higgins Green Team in Tamaki Makaurau have an awesome opportunity for an experienced Project Engineer to join the team working on the South Rural Liveable Streets contract with Auckland Transport out in Drury.
- Grow and develop in a supportive team who treat each other like Whanau
- Hard work is recognised - build a career and not just do a job
- Competitive salary plus vehicle
- Awesome benefits for you and your family to enjoy
As a Project Engineer, your role will be to manage and delivery day to day activities and aspects through understanding the contract obligations, building successful long-term relationships with clients, innovative solutions and proactively undertaking risk management including tender reviews of rates and build ups with a string focus on the delivery team managing the works to mitigate extra work.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Experience and qualifications in Engineering
- 5+ years of on-site project management
- Background in Road construction or maintenance.
- A good technical understanding of Aggregate and Asphalt and their applications
- Strong people management skills
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.