Bitumen Tanker Driver
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/26142
- Closing Date:16 Jul 2022
We have an opportunity available for an experienced Class 5 driver to join the Higgins team in Napier driving our Bitumen Tankers. Your role will be to deliver product and transfer bitumen safely and efficiently across the North Island.
• Competitive hourly rate – this is a critical role for our business
• Support to develop your knowledge of Bitumen product
• Ongoing training and development – support to gain further licences if required
• Access to Fletchers Benefits Programme, including discounted health insurance, family scholarship & share scheme along with multi-business discounts for you and your family to enjoy
• Brand new PPE gear (that’s your own personal protective equipment)
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Class 5 licence – minimum of 2 years’ experience driving Class 5
• Dangerous Goods Licence beneficial but not essential – support to gain this licence if required
• Line Haul experience
• Road ranger and automatic gearbox experience
• Bulk liquid experience preferred but not essential
• Flexibility to work some weekends and overnights as required
• Roading and Infrastructure, Bitumen operations experience sought after
• Strong focus on health and safety not only for yourself, your colleagues but also the public
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check.
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.