Trainee Lab Technician
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/26158
- Closing Date:03 Jun 2022
The Higgins Green Team working in the Lab at our branch in stunning Napier have an awesome opportunity for a Trainee Lab Technician to join their diverse team. This is an awesome opportunity for someone to who is interested in starting a career in the civil construction industry. No experience is needed, just a willingness to learn to and get stuck in.
- Grow and develop in a supportive team – full training will be provided
- Hard work is recognised - build a career and not just do a job
- Competitive hourly rate
- Awesome benefits for you and your family to enjoy
- Brand new PPE gear (that’s your own personal protective equipment)
These are not your typical Laboratory Technician roles; you must be willing to get your hands dirty and get to work on the frontline from time-to-time. This can be a labour intensive role with lots of moving around so you’ll also need to be physically fit. On a typical day, you can find yourself sampling stockpiles form Asphalt Plants and quarries and samples of Asphalt. You will be mixing up to 40kg of aggregate with binders and lifting compacting blocks – our moulds are 8-10kg and the Asphalt on top of that is another 5-7kg.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- NCEA Level 2
- A willing can do attitude
- A good level of physical fitness with the ability to lift between 15-17 kg
- Computer experience, especially Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work in a team
- Great written and verbal communication
- A valid, clean, and current full Class 1 driver’s license
- Excellent attention to detail
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.