- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Iplex NZ
- Job Reference:IPLEX/26284
- Closing Date:27 Jun 2022
We are team Iplex - we’re over 200 team members strong and we’re highly passionate about delivering plastic pipeline systems in New Zealand. We have team members working in manufacturing and distribution in Palmerston North, Christchurch and Ashburton, with our commercial head office based in Auckland.
Due to internal movement, we are looking for a Materials Operator to join our tight knit team in a busy and rewarding role, based at our Hornby manufacturing plant on a Monday to Friday basis working on our afternoon shift cycle.
About the role:
As our Materials Operator, you will work independently and be the link between our plant and yard. Your responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring stock levels on a daily basis
- Provide accurate information on stocks of materials to the Materials Supervisor
- Run mixing plant to repurpose reject material
- Assist the night shift personnel at the manufacturing plant as required
- Forklift operations to move our products
* Note: Working hours are 4pm - midnight
You’ll need to be a self-starter who enjoys working independently and will ideally be experienced within a manufacturing environment. We’re also looking for the following;
- Forklift license preferred
- Solid time management skills and reliability is key
- A focus on health and safety
- Basic computer skills
We look after our employees which is why so many of our staff have worked with us for over 25 years! Your wellbeing is paramount to us which is why we offer health, life and income protection and we care about your long-term career, supporting our employees to upskill with various career pathways.
You will also enjoy a range of benefits that come from being part of New Zealand’s largest listed company such as discounts on our product range, access to our Employee Education Fund and discounts with our partners across the country on items such as fuel, electrics, fitness and travel.
* A pre-employment medical, including a drug & alcohol test, is required as well as the legal right to work in New Zealand
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.