Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Buildings
- Job Reference:10045261
- Closing Date:22 Jul 2022
We are on the hunt for a proactive, fully qualified and experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our Commercial team at the New Zealand International Convention Centre (NZICC) based at our Nelson Street site office. We have one permanent role available and one 12-month fixed term opportunity.
You will be responsible for carrying out full contract servicing of projects including monitoring and reporting on the financial position of projects. You will manage project costs to achieve agreed or better levels of margin and profit for Fletcher Construction by controlling expenditure and optimising revenue recovery, while achieving the required standards for time, quality and service.
We require the applicants who have industry experience in the commercial sector and have sound construction knowledge, ability to read and understand technical drawings, good computer skills and a positive can-do attitude.
Along with the above points, we are looking for the following attributes and capabilities:
- Minimum ten years’ experience in an QS role and at least three years’ experience as Senior QS
- Proven experience in a large construction/multi project environment
- Experience in commercial risk management and procurement management
- Strong computer-based skills, particularly in programmes like Excel. Experience with estimating packages like CostX or Candy would be favourably viewed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A natural ability to search out and develop strong professional relationships with a range of people at varying levels.
About Fletcher Construction
The Fletcher Construction Company is a strong family of connected businesses partnering with our customers to create places, spaces and networks that work for people.
Since 1909 our people have planned, built, maintained and managed critical infrastructure and buildings to strengthen and serve our communities in New Zealand and the South Pacific. Our people enjoy career development programmes, cross-business advancement opportunities and a range of staff benefits which makes Fletcher an employer of choice
Passionate, curious, and keen to step up to the challenge? If so, we want to hear from you! Please apply directly online.
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.