- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Steel
- Job Reference:EAS/26356
- Closing Date:27 May 2022
Fletcher Easysteel is a major merchant of steel products and services throughout New Zealand. Through a nationwide network of sales centres, it supplies a broad range of world-class brands to the construction, engineering, natural resources and manufacturing industries. We are part of Fletcher Building, a diversified global building industry company.
With an ongoing focus on supply chain excellence, Easysteel New Zealand are looking for a Logistics Manager based in our Auckland office. This is a newly created role, reporting to our Supply Chain Manager, and you will play a key role within the leadership team and provide leadership, strategy, and customer leading delivery services to our operations and 02 logistics coordinator.
This is a highly collaborative role with heaps of potential to make it your own, whilst providing support and improvements to the Easysteel business regarding inbound material and overall transport movements. We also have a very strong relationship with our freight partners, and we’ve had some real win-win initiatives with them over the past few years.
As Easysteel’s Logistics Manager, you will take pride in the management of stock movements that travel into and through our national storage and transport network including offsite storage facilities. In addition, you will ensure compliance to statutory and regulatory requirements, as well as compliance to internal policies and procedures.
Specific responsibilities of the role will include but not limited to;
- Engage with key stakeholders to maintain and enhance safe working policies & procedures
- The development and implementation of an operational excellence service and delivery strategy
- Build and maintain relationships with freight, shipping, and logistics providers to ensure quality and cost-efficient service delivery
- Manage the negotiation, implementation, and maintenance of supply agreements with emphasis beneficial outcomes with a customer centric approach
- Plan, direct and co-ordinate the arrival of purchased inventory to its preferred destination
- Collaborate with our Operations and Transport partners to ensure a safe, smooth, and efficient service
- Oversee shipping and freight budgets and identifying ways to ensure cost-effective freight movements
- Contribute to developing a business improvement plan identifying key business areas for targeted change.
- Annual development and monthly execution of operational budgets
- Develop, implement and measure KPI’s to ensure we maintain or improve in critical areas
- Engage, motivate, and develop your team and foster a good work culture
- Being a champion of our systems and processes to enable you to manage operations efficiently and effectively, including commitment towards continuous improvement
We are keen to speak to dynamic logistics or supply chain managers who have:
- 05+ years’ experience in a relevant field such as transportation or freight management
- Tertiary qualifications in Logistics or Supply Chain Management
- Solid established relationships with freight forwarding companies and ports
- Demonstrate success in building relationships both internally and externally
- Strong leadership qualities and effective coaching skills to develop a high performing team.
- Strong commercial acumen and experience in the successful negotiation and management of supplier contracts.
- Demonstrate success in building relationships and effective communication skills, able to deliver complex messages with confidence and clarity and be an analytical problem solver, able to identify, gather and evaluate information to resolve problems in a timely manner.
- A belief that all injuries are preventable, you will be a strong safety leader able to coach their team to continually improve safety across the operation.
In return we offer excellent benefits including the ability to gain further qualifications, health and income protection insurances, genuine progression opportunities along with a salary package commensurate with the position.
We’d love to have you join our team – please get in touch if this role sounds like your next opportunity!