- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Location:Palmerston North
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:11 Jun 2022
We are looking for an Asset Engineer to plan and deliver the safe, successful, asset condition network inspections and programming activities for Palmerston North team and contribute to Higgins wider success.
About the Role
Based in Palmerston, your role will be to provide support and direction for the development and maintenance of State Highway assets through conducting network inspections and programming, to improve the performance and optimisation of assets.
Key Responsibility Areas
• Manage the inspection, programming and financial management activities within RAMM/RAMM Contractor
• Validate inspection data captured by field teams/inspectors
• Co-ordinate monthly contract claims from internal work activities, and subcontractors, into RAMM for timely presentation of invoices to key clients
• Inspect assets on rotation to meet programme requirements (1st signs programme - crack seals, fabric seals; drainage programmes, pre-seal repairs, pavement repairs, repair success rate inspections and other asset programme inspections as required)
• Communicate and co-operate with others regarding work programming, and plant and equipment requirements
What you will bring to the role
• Industry experience in road asset inspections & programming
• Sound experience in working with RAMM
• Knowledge of asset management principles and practice
• A Civil Engineering qualification or closely related discipline will be highly advantageous
• Full Class 1 Drivers Licence
• Current TC Qualification (Level 1 minimum)
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.