Showroom Customer Service - Christchurch
- Job Type:Part time
- Category:Customer Service
- Business Group:PlaceMakers
- Job Reference:PMK AD/26518
- Closing Date:03 Jun 2022
Help us build New Zealand! PlaceMakers is New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s commercial and residential construction markets. Part of New Zealand’s largest listed company, Fletcher Building, we employ more than 2,100 people in over 60 locations across the country and stock more than 100,000 product lines from concrete to paint and plasterboard.
We have a wide variety of customers who come into our branch and it’s up to us to make sure we deliver outstanding service to each and every one of them. We’re looking for someone with the passion to ensure that we continue to be the leading supplier for everyone from the home DIYers to larger construction businesses.
As first point of contact in our showroom, you will interact daily with our customers who are the heart and soul of our business. You will be a people person thriving most when supporting our customers so they get a winning in-store experience. You will build and maintain effective relationships with them by offering product support, technical information and interior design solutions. You will also play a vital part in direct sales with customers providing quotations and cross-selling and up-selling on the basis of their needs.
Skills and Experience Required:
• Proven experience in a customer service and/or retail sales environment
• Strong interpersonal skills with a bubbly personality
• Ability to build rapport with people from all ages and backgrounds
• Motivated, self-driven and able to work independently
• A strong focus on performance and dedication to support our valued customers
• Competent computer and numeracy skills
• Useful knowledge of our products or the building industry is highly advantageous
• Proactive and able to think on your feet and under pressure
This is a permanent part time role, with plenty of training and support! The hours are 10 Hours per Week, Friday 7am-5pm.
What’s in it for you?
Alongside an attractive hourly rate, you will be joining a market-leading organisation where there are genuine opportunities for growth and career development plus being part of the Fletcher Building Group means there are fantastic staff benefits on offer!
Please note: The following will be required for successful application
• A pre-employment medical, including drug test will be required
• Evidence of the legal right to work in NZ
We are proud of the incredible diversity of people who make up our business! As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees across our national network of branches throughout New Zealand.