- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:FCC Infrastructure
- Job Reference:FCI/26555
- Closing Date:11 Jun 2022
The PP2O Project is part of NZTA’s Roads of National Significance Programme and forms the second and final section of the Kapiti Expressway. The project encompassed a newly constructed 13km dual expressway with several major structures between Kapiti town of Peka Peka and Otaki along SH1. The Peka Peka to Ōtaki (PP2O) Expressway Project currently has a role for a Quality Engineer to join our Quality Assurance team.
As a Quality Engineer reporting directly into the Quality Manager, you will:
• Play a key role in championing compliance with project systems and procedures.
• Develop and maintain project quality systems and procedures.
• Deliver innovative solutions for improvement across the project.
• Encourage a culture of reporting quality incidents and monitor the effective implementation of any corrective/preventive action required.
• Review, analysis and reporting of incidents in the form of quality alerts, lessons learnt reports and training presentations
• Perform regular quality audits and reviews of project construction activities ensuring findings are documented, reviewed and closed out.
The successful applicant will have NZQA approved engineering qualification and onsite experience on civil infrastructure projects.
• 3.+ years’ experience in civil construction works, specifically, road pavements and surfacing, drainage and utilities.
• Solid understanding of quality principles around ISO 9001:2008.
• Outstanding communication skills
• Demonstrate problem solving & decision making ability.
• Experience in auditing, inspection and review of civil construction works would be a distinct advantage
• Access to training & development opportunities across Fletcher Building.
• Work on one of New Zealand’s most iconic projects.
• Work for one of New Zealand’s most well-known and respected brands!
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.