3PL Logistics Manager (Central Region)
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Stramit
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:19 Oct 2022
Proud to be Australian Made
Our products and people shape homes and communities. We’re one of Australia’s leading manufacturers and suppliers of roll formed steel building products - and for good reason.
You will see us on the roofs of iconic buildings and stadiums that span the Australian landscape. Our doors and panels open many commercial and residential builds.
The Stramit difference
Here at Stramit, we are on a growth journey. We’re big enough to give you the all the benefits of a national network but small enough to know our customers first name. We get the job done right, every time - no matter how complex.
Key focus & responsibilities
The primary purpose of this role is to drive improved service levels to our customers across all brands. This will be achieved through improved freight management processes, Continuous Improvement with our primary and secondary freight providers and driving a customer centric freight outcome, incorporating current and emerging technology to simplify the delivery process.
The role will be pivotal to engage and influence senior stakeholders across all functions, external freight providers continued business transformation through significant improvements in service delivery levels, achieving and exceeding KPI’s and delivering service excellence.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Design and implement a culture of improvement, including re-engineering and driving change.
- Identify cost-effective, freight solutions that will improve customer outcomes and allow for better transparency of information across the business.
- Ensure freight solutions and processes deliver service excellence across the business and this is reflected in customer outcomes; Embed a strong customer culture through excellent service and quality at an optimal cost to serve.
- Develop, coordinate and ensure delivery of key learning tools to ensure staff (internal and external) understand all processes and systems that interact with the delivery of customer service and order fulfilment
What we need you to bring to our team
- Proven ability to identify, understand and analyse freight inefficiency
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical ability.
- Strong ability to understand the needs of the customer.
- Clear and effective communication and influencing
- Collaborative and people orientated, highly skilled at partnering with organisational functions to achieve shared outcomes
- Flexibility, adaptability and an ability to pivot as necessary to optimise outcomes
- Demonstrated knowledge of COR, freight within Australia and the ability to successfully implement these
We are on the lookout for;
- Previous experience in process improvement and/or customer service
- Proven ability to implement change programs
- A tertiary (i.e. Bachelor, or Diploma level) qualification in a freight, supply chain or business-related discipline is required
- Experience in managing teams
What is in it for you?
You will be joining an iconic Australian brand that is constantly evolving. With our grit, determination and relentless pursuit for excellence, we are constantly on the lookout for design and innovation enhancements to improve built landscapes. With a team that blends years of experience with youthful curiosity, we are searching for a team player to build our future together.
We commit to:
- Empowering you to shape the transformation of our business;
- Working with you to chase your career aspirations
- Ongoing education and cross functional collaboration
- Diversity & Inclusivity - embracing all backgrounds and ethnicity
So, if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit to grow an exciting career with Stramit!..