Inwards Goods/Driver - Mico Lower Hutt
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Mico
- Location:Lower Hutt
- Job Reference:MCO 26648
- Closing Date:20 Jul 2022
Mico Plumbing and Bathrooms is New Zealand’s leading specialist supplier of plumbing and bathroom products to trade, retail, and commercial customers with a reputation for quality and customer satisfaction.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Branch Manager in our Lower Hutt Branch, this is a permanent full-time position working Monday to Friday, with 1-in-3 rostered Saturday mornings.
A varied and fast-paced role mainly handling Inwards/Outwards Goods but with some driving duties as you will also be the back-up Delivery Driver as and when required. Your average day will see you: unloading trucks, receiving and receipting inwards goods, checking goods are in top condition before putting them away, maintaining stock accuracy, organising freight to be on-sent to suppliers, packing the delivery van and making sure the warehouse and inwards goods area is clear and tidy at all times…and all whilst ensuring that we provide exceptional service to our customers and achieve our goal of "Mico Makes it Easy!".
Day to day you will be based in our warehouse:
- Receipting and checking inwards goods
- Putting stock away
- Arranging on-sending of goods to suppliers
- Safely loading the delivery vehicle and, on occasion, delivering goods to our customers
- Keeping the store clear, safe and tidy
- Supporting the team to ensure our customers are receiving an exceptional service
To be considered you must possess the following:
- Hold a Full Class 1 NZ Drivers Licence
- Have excellent attention to detail and organisation skills
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Be computer literate
- Be physically fit as manual handling and heavy lifting are a requirement
- Forklift experience and/or licence would be advantageous
What we offer:
We are a diverse, fun, close-knit team who all chip in to pull together in our busy branch. You’ll be joining the market leader and a well-respected business that can offer a range of benefits and opportunities for career advancement that come with being part of the Fletcher Group.
As part of our recruitment process, you may be required to undergo pre-employment medical, drug and alcohol testing.
If you have a great attitude to work, are reliable and enjoy hard work whilst being able to have a joke and a laugh, then we’d love to hear from you!