- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/10045706
- Closing Date:31 Mar 2023
We are looking for two Leading Hands to join the team in the Wairarapa. These are leadership roles in our Maintenance Team and Subdivisions Team where you can still be hands on!
Each role will be leading a crew undertaking general maintenance activities and minor road repairs or leading a crew within stormwater drainage, wastewater and potable water (Three Waters) projects across the Wairarapa Region.
You will be 'hands on' with your experience in concrete works, carpentry & hand boxing kerb and channel replacements. You will also be planning, organising, directing, controlling activities and operations of your team members to ensure that work is completed to the satisfaction of customers and all targets are met safely.
What's in it for you:
- Career development – opportunities available to grow you career at Higgins
- Ongoing training and development to help you reach your career goals
- Competitive hourly rate
- Access to Fletchers Benefits Programme, including discounted health insurance, family scholarship & share scheme along with multi-business discounts for you and your family to enjoy
If you have relevant industry experience and are looking for a step up in your career into a leading hand position then we would be very interested to talk to you – there is support and training available to help you be successful in this position
What you’ll bring to the role:
- You will be a people person – you will enjoy leading a team or have an interest in stepping into this position
- Experience within stormwater drainage, wastewater and potable water (Three Waters) projects - for the Subdivisions role
- Full Class 2 licence
- WTR licence ideally – opportunity to gain this if required
- Experience and knowledge in the construction industry
- Basic computer literacy required to manage your workload
- Be a confident communicator
- Reliable, honest team player who leads from the front
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependents
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haere
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.