- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Steel
- Job Reference:REO/26715
- Closing Date:15 Jul 2022
Fletcher Reinforcing supplies the reinforcing steel and reinforcing mesh that provides greater strength to concrete foundations and structures. We are market leaders in the supply of reinforcing throughout New Zealand. Our team have a passion for the Fletcher Reinforcing brand and a drive to be the best in the industry. This means we are constantly striving to deliver the highest level of service to our wide range of customers around the country.
We are looking to raise our leadership and delivery ability and are excited to announce that we are looking for a Project Lead based in Levin. You will be visiting project sites and liaising with clients and subcontractors to ensure successful delivery of our product and services. You will be the key contact both internally and externally, ensuring we take projects through to completion on time, to budget and to our client’s standards.
Key responsibilities of this roles include:
- Championing Health and Safety
- Planning and organising – you will be responsible for all our client’s requests
- Excellent communication, ensuring confidence and surety around our delivery
- Lead and coordinate our supply and fix team and guide the team towards efficient and accurate completion whilst monitoring production levels
- Responsible for project costs, focusing on the prevention of cost overruns and reporting back to senior management
- Manage variations, ensuring processes are followed, actioned, and managed accurately
- Good understanding of construction projects, drawings, and methodology – you will have to communicate to contractors and clients alike
- Background in reinforcing is highly desired
- Confident in dealing with senior site managers, business owners and other key stakeholders
- Experience with project planning – agreeing on production and placing programmes with clients and our manufacturing teams across both branches
- Financial understanding and the ability to report on project progress and associated costs
- A strong team player and lead from the front
- Ability to balance your time – you will be approx. 60% on project sites and 40% office based
- Flexible with work hours and travelling around Levin and surrounding areas
- Take ownership of a newly created position and really stamp your mark!
- Opportunity to join a stable business with established relationships and investment in the best people and machinery
- Great team culture with ongoing training and development
- Excellent package plus vehicle, phone, and laptop
We value your experience and skills, but to succeed in this team you will also need to demonstrate the qualities we value as an organisation. We are looking for people who thrive working in a team environment, who are there for each other during challenges and successes. Individual who put the customers first and are always thinking about innovative ways to solve business and customer needs.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for, please apply today!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.