- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Location:Palmerston North
- Job Reference:FCH/26730
- Closing Date:23 Jul 2022
We are looking for a Foreman to join our Drainage team in Palmerston North. You will report to the Project Manager of 3 waters and you will run a crew with a Leading Hand, Operator and Labourer.
• Grow and develop in a supportive team who treat each other like Whanau
• Ongoing training and development – including support to get any licences required
• Competitive hourly rate + Vehicle
• Access to Fletchers Benefits Programme, including discounted health insurance, family scholarship & share scheme along with multi-business discounts for you and your family to enjoy
• Brand new PPE gear (that’s your own personal protective equipment)
If you have relevant industry experience and are looking for a step up in your career into a Foreman position then we would be very interested to talk to you – there is support and training available to help you be successful in this position
What you’ll bring to the role:
• 5+ years Drainage or watermain experience.
• Excavating experience would be beneficial
• Minimum Class 1 Licence – we will support you to gain class 2 or WTR if required
• Strong focus on health and safety not only for yourself, your colleagues but also the public
• Be reliable, honest and a flexible team player
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.