Trade Support Team Member (Asian Segment) - Silverdale
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Customer Service
- Business Group:PlaceMakers
- Job Reference:26877
- Closing Date:17 Oct 2022
About the role:
You will provide support to our Account Managers, specifically focusing on our Asian Segment, suppliers, and customers. You will manage a portfolio working within the Asian Building and Distribution Market. Additionally, you will work at our Trade Counter and Showroom where you will interact daily with our customers in a face-to-face capacity. Your main goal will be to ensure that all of our customers experience the best service from start to finish.
Daily you will be responsible for –
- Actioning customer enquiries by phone, email and face to face
- Seek out value-add solutions for internal and external customers
- Take clear briefs from stakeholders on what is to be quoted, and prepare document details as needed
- Daily and weekly planning with account managers to ensure all opportunities are captured
- Providing customers with product advice, quotes, and pricing information as well as tailored solutions
- You will also play a vital part in direct sales with customers, getting orders pulled and ready for dispatch, and merchandising and maintaining aisles within the showroom.
Skills and Experience:
- English and Mandarin speaking is essential
- Proven Customer Service and/or Sales Experience
- Building Industry experience is not a must, but a desire to learn about our products is
- Strong communication skills, ability to pick up the phone and provide tailored solutions
- Be able to work under pressure and organise your time and environment for maximum efficiency
- Computer literacy is essential, confident user of Excel, however full training will be given on our in-house computer systems
About PlaceMakers and our Benefits
PlaceMakers is New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s commercial and residential construction markets. Part of New Zealand’s largest listed company, Fletcher Building, we employ more than 2,100 people in over 60 locations across the country and stock more than 100,000 product lines from concrete to paint and plasterboard.
We offer an Employee Education Fund (EEF), where funding can be obtained for employees and family members to study and/or extend their learning further.
This role is working Monday to Friday, with 1 in 6 rostered Saturday shifts where you will be based at the Trade Counter and Showroom.
How to Apply
Opportunities like this do not come along very often and these are limited. To express your genuine interest please submit your CV for review, if selected as part of our longlist you will be invited to complete video responses outlining why the position is of interest to you and what you can bring to the table.
Please note - A pre-employment medical, including a drug test will be required as well as being fully eligible to work in NZ indefinitely.
We are proud of the incredible diversity of people who make up our business! As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees across our national network of branches throughout New Zealand.