Warehouse Operator - Mico Distribution Centre
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Mico
- Job Reference:MCO 26889
- Closing Date:03 Jun 2023
Mico Plumbing and Bathrooms is New Zealand’s leading specialist supplier of plumbing and bathroom products to trade, retail and commercial customers with a reputation for quality and customer satisfaction.
About the role:
Our central Distribution Centre in Penrose services our Auckland metropolitan, regional and national customers with hundreds of deliveries of our Mico products every day. We are open to someone who wants to get a start in the industry through to experienced warehouse operators looking for their next career move.
It is a varied, hands-on role and you will be part of the team, responsible for outbound order picking, packing and dispatching, unloading and loading trucks, container devanning and inwards goods.
- A good level of physical fitness and safe work practices as there is manual handling involved
- Ideally hold a Full Class 1 Driver's licence or in the process of obtaining your license
- Have sound communication and numeracy skills with good attention to detail
- Forklift experience would be great but is not essential
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic and reliable, has impeccable attention to detail and numeracy skills, and who can remain calm under pressure. You will be a team player who works well with others to complete tasks and achieve goals. Don’t worry if you don’t have all the skills yet, we are willing to train the right person who has a willing attitude and is ready to work.
Days of work are Monday to Friday, however, we can offer some flexibility with hours. The role might suit someone only wanting part time or flexible hours, or someone looking to come off the tools or slowly ease out of the workforce towards the end of their career. Occasional Saturday work may be required, with overtime, dependant on workload.
We are committed to training and developing our people so if you have a desire to learn and challenge yourself and have a rewarding career in Distribution we would love to hear from you.
A few benefits:
- Staff Purchase Discount Card for Mico and PlaceMakers
- Subsidised Medical Insurance
- Employee Education Fund - subsidised education and training to employees and their dependants
- Learning Academy – an award-winning learning academy to support your career development
- FBuShare – the opportunity to purchase shares and financially be a part of the business you work for
You will be contributing to a fun, focused team and be joining a well-respected New Zealand business who offer a range of benefits and opportunities for career advancement.
Please note, a full pre-employment medical, including a drug test, will be required and you must currently be legally entitled to live and work permanently in New Zealand.
We are proud of the incredible diversity of people who make up our business! As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees across our national network of branches throughout New Zealand.