Debt Recovery Administration Officer
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Tradelink
- Job Reference:TL/26924
- Closing Date:15 Jul 2022
Tradelink has a close-knit credit team who cover the full range of credit functions, so there are opportunities to broaden your skills. This role offers the successful applicant a unique blend of tasks that will give you the variety that you’ve been looking for.
As a part of the Accounts Receivable team, your responsibilities include:
• Receipting and allocation of customer payments to the correct accounts and then applying payments to outstanding invoices.
• Following up customers for remittance advices and to correct payment information
• Escalate any issues identified during the allocation process
• Working with individual Credit Officers to resolve unapplied cash and credit balances
As part of the Debt Recovery team you will also be responsible for:
• Negotiating and monitoring payment plans
• Issuing legal notices and lodging payment defaults on delinquent accounts
• Provide recommendations for commencing & ongoing litigation, liaise with our lawyers and provide instruction on legal action (after considering their advice)
• Reviewing insolvency reports and recommending a course of action
We encourage you to consider applying even if your skills don’t meet all the above criteria as we will provide you full support and learning on the job.
You will be a key player in a team that consistently meets & exceeded their targets, values working in an open and friendly environment and will be encouraged to be bold in all aspects of your work.
Our team prides itself on how well they work together to achieve their goals, so working well within our friendly, close-knit team will be as important to you as it is to us. We are looking for someone who prides themself on being flexible and adaptable and to help out others when needed. We especially value team members who problem solve amongst themselves, so your can-do attitude will be valued & recognized by all team members.
You enjoy forging strong working relationships with your customers and with key stakeholders across the business and will strive to get the best outcomes with every contact you make. Whilst you take ownership with your work, you work best under minimal supervision but at the same time not afraid to ask for help and take pride in your high work standards. You also possess the following qualities:
• Accurate data entry skills and strong attention to detail
• High level of customer service skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills enabling the candidate to deal effectively with both internal and external customers
• A pragmatic, solutions focused approach with strong client engagement
• Ability to work efficiently in high pressure and high-volume environment while meeting deadlines
• Be adaptable to a constantly changing work environment and a flexible attitude to your role within the team.
We also value your learning journey and will encourage you to participate in the many internal and external learning opportunities that will be available to you after a qualifying period.
With a network of more than 220 branches and 150 years in the industry, Tradelink is Australia’s trusted name in plumbing supplies.
Tradelink offers a flexible, hybrid workplace for the right staff after a qualifying period, a generous staff discount and an Employee Education Fund that fully covers your education expenses for approved staff.
We are part of the Fletcher Building group, a multinational organisation with a diverse workforce of 20,000, operating 25 businesses in more than 45 countries, manufacturing and distributing world-leading building and construction products.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.