- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Steel
- Job Reference:REO/26927
- Closing Date:14 Jul 2022
Fletcher Reinforcing supplies the reinforcing steel and reinforcing mesh that provides greater strength to concrete foundations and structures. We are market leaders in the supply of reinforcing throughout New Zealand. Our team have a passion for the Fletcher Reinforcing brand and a drive to be the best in the industry. This means we are constantly striving to deliver the highest level of service to our wide range of customers around the country.
We are on the lookout for a motivated and experienced Operations Manager to lead the lower North Island team. This is a rare opportunity to provide operational leadership to our planning & logistics, manufacturing and on-site steel fixing operations.
You will report to the Central Regional Manager and build strong relationships with the Estimating and Detailing teams as you focus on delivery of outstanding products and services to our customers in the Region. Safety will be a critical focus in relation to our own staff, contractors and sub-contractors, on both ours and our customers sites.
As part of the manufacturing leadership team you will be a supportive mentor and coach as well as driving your teams to achieve manufacturing excellence.
The key accountabilities for this role include:
- Lead on all aspects of safety, setting and upholding the highest standards with the target of zero harm.
- Ensuring that our customers receive high quality products and services, when they want it and receive a positive customer experience.
- Develop high levels of engagement and teamwork within the operational team.
- Lead the production team to deliver the annual budget, operational KPI’s and efficiency initiatives.
- Develop and deliver targeted capital investments on the site.
- Working collaboratively with the regional team with the aim of delivering the best possible outcome for our customers.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a multi-faceted team in a challenging market
- An uncompromising safety ethic
- Ideally demonstrated practical experience and understanding of manufacturing.
- Extensive and demonstrated experience managing medium sized (15-30) production teams
- Excellent leadership skills with a passion for developing your teams and promoting a positive culture where success is recognised, and development encouraged.
- Proven experience of delivering improvements in a manufacturing or related environment
- Experience or understanding of the construction sector, projects and customers
If this sounds like you then please apply today! Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and successful applicants will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to commencement of employment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.