Inventory & Logistics Coordinator (Christchurch)
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Humes Pipeline Systems
- Job Reference:HPS/26943
- Closing Date:28 Jul 2022
Inventory & Logistics Coordinator
On offer we have an exciting opportunity to join our friendly Christchurch Civil manufacturing team. This is a newly created position based in Hornby. If you have hands-on logistics experience and are looking for your next team leading role, this could be perfect for you!
This role is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating the requirement, storage, distribution and transportation of raw materials and finished goods into and out of each manufacturing site. You will be responsible for raw material and finished products procurement, storage and shipping processes, ensuring safe and tidy storage as well as efficient stock movement This includes:
- Coordinating deliveries, raising/receipting, stock adjustments and receipting-in transfers for all raw material as well as finished goods.
- Team leading our Forklift Drivers, planning and communicating to them our daily requirements, and monitoring and managing the stock levels of finished products on site.
- Manage the yard to ensure safe working conditions and efficient dispatching of product, and ensuring all finished product is correctly stored or stockpiled on site.
- Monitor and manage stock levels of raw materials on site to ensure production targets are met.
- Placing purchase orders on vendors, confirming delivery’s and ensuring all systems reflect accurate data.
We are committed to providing a safe work environment and quality product. To be successful, you will have previous experience within an inventory/logistics/planning role, possess good problem solving skills and have experience with an ERP system along with a good working knowledge of MS Excel. This requires a practical, hands-on focus with experience and knowledge in these disciplines to manage our raw materials and finished goods at site – accuracy is imperative as any inaccuracies can ultimately affect our sales and supply to our valuable customers. Working across the team, you will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to build solid, long-term relationships.
This is a great opportunity to take a step up in your career, and grow within our quality driven organisation. You will be offered a rewarding salary, training and support to guarantee your success!