Class 4 HIAB Driver - Blenheim
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:PlaceMakers
- Job Reference:PMK 26983
- Closing Date:07 Jul 2022
Help us build New Zealand! PlaceMakers is New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s commercial and residential construction markets.
We are looking for a reliable Delivery Driver within the Blenheim region – driving as far North as Picton and as far South as Kaikoura. If you love driving and don’t want to be tied to a desk…and are looking for a fun, physical, outdoors role with lots of variety…then this is for you!
About the role:
Reporting to the Yard Team Leader, the position is permanent full-time, paid a minimum of 40 hours per week and working Monday to Friday only, delivering orders to our customers in a timely, professional and safe manner. We use a range of hassle-free, modern-day apps and hand-held digital technology, limiting the need for drivers to complete lengthy paperwork, saving you time and making your life easier. This is a fast-paced and physical role, operating a 6-wheel truck with remote HIAB and delivering orders to our customers whilst ensuring that we provide exceptional service at all times.
Day to day you will be:
- Completing deliveries to our customers across the region
- Helping out in the yard when not driving - picking orders and customer service
- Supporting the team to ensure our customers are receiving an exceptional service
To be considered you must possess the following:
- Hold a full, clean Class 4/5 NZ Drivers Licence
- Ability to pass a medical and a drug & alcohol test
- Have an excellent manner with people, especially customers
- Be physically fit as manual handling and lifting are a requirement
- Be reliable and have a good attitude towards health & safety
- Able to obtain Hiab qualification (NZQA 16617) as part of our training programme
What we offer:
We are a progressive, fun and social team who have a lot of fun together but also work well as a team to support each other. We enjoy catching up out of work sometimes and are all very inclusive with a mixed range of ages and cultures between us. We offer very competitive rates and a performance incentive scheme. You will have the opportunity for on-going training and development as well as a solid career path with career progression. In return, you will be joining a well-respected company offering a range of benefits that come with being part of the wider Fletcher Building Group, so you're in good hands with us!
As part of our recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment medical, drug and alcohol testing.
If you have a great attitude to work, are a self-starter and reliable and have good time keeping skills and an excellent manner with people, then we’d love to hear from you – please click apply!
We are proud of the incredible diversity of people who make up our business! As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees across our national network of branches throughout New Zealand.