- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:FCC Infrastructure
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:20 Oct 2022
Construction has started and will be completed in 2026. During this important design and provisioning phase, we have an opportunity for an experienced Technical or Design Engineer with broad general civils experience to help coordinate the design development and management of the project design packages.
The Eastern Busway is a significant project for Auckland and forms a key part of the region’s rapid transport network. Similar to the Northern Busway, it will create separate lanes for new high-frequency bus services to connect people from Botany, Pakuranga and the surrounding suburbs with the rail network in Panmure. The project includes cycling and walking paths, safety, environment and roading improvements, and a Reeves Road flyover, giving people a range of travel options and more reliable journey times.
About the Role:
• Implement the agreed engineering management strategy and procedures for the project.
• Coordinate and review design packages
• Assess design risk and manage its mitigation.
• Identify design opportunities and manage their implementation.
• Work with Design Team members (internal & external) to provide an effective engineering management service for the project.
• Provide Quality Assurance and Technical Design review of consultants and other professional staff (engineers, technologists, structural, civil, architecture, landscaping, etc) drawings, specifications and other deliverables
• Five years as Design/Engineering Lead or equivalent in a construction or engineering firm.
• Five years in Civil Engineering or Structure Design, or
• Five years in construction in Civil Works or Structures.
• Tertiary qualification in Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) or related field
• Effective communication skills – both verbal and written, and the ability to communicate with a variety of people.
What’s on Offer:
• Competitive package + great employee benefits, including educational support
• Clear opportunities for training and career growth
• Internal mobility across an exciting portfolio of current project and future works
This position will lead into future works, and the Fletcher Construction company has an exciting pipeline of works regionally and across the country.
For more information about the Eastern Busway visit easternbusway.nz or watch a video here.
About Fletcher Construction
The Fletcher Construction Company is a strong family of connected businesses partnering with our customers to create places, spaces and networks that work for people.
Since 1909 our people have planned, built, maintained and managed critical infrastructure and buildings to strengthen and serve our communities in New Zealand and the South Pacific. Our people enjoy career development programmes, cross-business advancement opportunities and a range of staff benefits which makes Fletcher an employer of choice.
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.