- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Steel
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:19 Jul 2022
Fletcher Easysteel is a major merchant of steel products and services throughout New Zealand.
This position provides integral support to all areas of Special Steels and relevant off site Warehouses.
As a Storeperson you will contribute to the smooth running of the Warehouse by maintaining and developing efficient store processes for receiving, despatching, handling and storage of stock. You will take pride in the handling of stock items that pass through our Easysteel Warehouses and at times to off site storage facilities in Auckland. In addition, you will ensure compliance to statutory and regulatory requirements. Compliance to Fletcher Building Policies and Procedures including but not limited to HSE
- Prompt despatch of stock to customers and carriers as required
- Accurate picking & despatch of orders as per delivery schedule
- Maintaining customer delivery & service promise by anticipating and delivering a high level of customer service and assisting the resolution of customer complaints
- Timely movement of products from production to stores & transfers in the system
- Identify & investigate inaccuracies in picking of orders or material variances
- Liaise with transport providers & sales team
- Labelling product
- Offsite Loading/Unloading
- Prepping for stocktakes
- High level of physical fitness and be comfortable with heavy lifting – a large component of the role is physical so you must be OK with this
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with forklifts, with relevant licenses
- The ability to work as part of a small team and follow instructions is essential.
- A keenness to learn new skills as your role develops, attitude essential.
- Excellent customer service skills
In return, we have competitive packages, full time permanent work as well as joining a well-respected business offering a range of benefits and real opportunities for career advancement that come with being part of the Fletcher Group.