Technical Sales Manager
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Steel
- Location:Palmerston North
- Job Reference:PCC/27183
- Closing Date:15 Jul 2022
Pacific Coilcoaters (ColorCote) have been leading New Zealand’s innovation of pre-painted steel and aluminium roofing and cladding products since 1973. We’re proudly part of Fletcher Steel, a division of Fletcher Building Limited, our country’s largest and most trusted construction and building supplies company.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Sales Manager to join our team. You will be working alongside our Rollforming customers, Architects, Specifiers, Local Councils and industry groups to increase specification and uptake of the ColorCote brand. Based in the lower North Island, you will be accountable for managing our clientele within this region.
The role and responsibilities include;
- Account management – looking after existing customers as well as architects and specifiers
- Assist architects and specifiers to specify ColorCote products for projects and plans
- Visiting and supporting all key contacts, developing relationships and resolving issues
- Arrange workshops to train architects and customer base
The ideal candidate will;
- Have immaculate interpersonal skills with a good sense of humour
- Be an expert in the field with a minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience
- Be able to understand complex situations and translate accordingly, depending on the audience
- A natural at building and nurturing both internal and external relationships
- Be solutions focused whilst managing customer issues
- Ensure ColorCote is the product of choice
In return, you will work for a very profitable business which has a laid back and friendly atmosphere. This autonomous role has all the added benefits including a vehicle, iPad, phone and laptop. You could be based anywhere in the region, i.e., Palmerston North, Wellington, New Plymouth, Hawkes Bay etc.
You’ll enjoy working in a friendly team environment focused on delivering industry leading customer service while having the on-going benefits and career opportunities of working for one of NZ’s largest employers.
Fletcher Building are committed to providing a safe and drug free work place. Successful applicants will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to commencement of employment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions.