- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/27274
- Closing Date:09 Feb 2023
We are currently looking for a Bitumen Plant Operator to join our manufacturing team in Napier. This role will be manufacturing bitumen emulsion and Polymer modified bitumen for the roading industry. Previous experience as a plant operator is not required as training will be provided. Maybe you are looking for a change? We are looking for people with can-do attitude and are willing to give it a go.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Background in manufacturing or plant maintenance would be beneficial, but not essential.
• Good understanding of computer systems as our machines are a computer-based operating system
• A safety-first attitude – for yourself and the public
• Team player
• As the role progresses there will be some requirement to work shifts including nights and weekends. This will not be a regular requirement, approximately every 2-3 months
• Class 1 licence + F endorsement beneficial but not essential
Come join the Higgins Team:
• Work under experienced supervisors who have been in the industry for over 10 years – learn from the best!
• Grow and develop in a supportive team who treat each other like Whanau
• Hard work is recognised - build a career and not just do a job
• Competitive hourly rate
• Awesome benefits for you and your family to enjoy
• Brand new PPE gear (that’s your own personal protective equipment)
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check.
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.