- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Environmental Health and Safety
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/27299
- Closing Date:22 Jul 2022
Are you an experienced Environmental Advisor looking for a new challenge? Here at Higgins we’re on a journey to set the standard and be the best in the industry.
Reporting to the EHSQ Manager – Northern, you can be based in any our operations in the Northern Region and will be responsible for providing high level professional environmental advice to the front-line leaders and workforce to promote movement towards an interdependent environmental culture. Your role will also require you to coach workers on best practice environmental practices and help them to ensure all risks are appropriately managed in the workplace. This role encompasses our operations in Auckland, Bay Of Plenty and Waikato.
To be successful in this role, we’re looking for someone who has:
- Tertiary qualifications in environmental related discipline
- Current full, clean drivers licence
- At least 5 years’ experience in an environmental role within the construction industry
- Excellent knowledge of the NZ legislative environment including RMA and HSNO and industry guidelines and standards
- The ability to Coach workers on environmental best practice and help them to ensure all risks are appropriately managed in the workplace.
- Great communication skills with a coaching, influencing emphasis
- The ability to build credibility and trust in the business
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, a competitive salary package, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
If you want to play a key role in a leading roading and civil infrastructure company with Higgins and Fletcher Construction, please apply directly online.
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.