Human Resource Administrator
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Human Resources
- Business Group:Tradelink
- Job Reference:TL/27317
- Closing Date:23 Jul 2022
Just over a year ago Paige joined the Tradelink team as an HR graduate. This was her first step into HR, she had worked in a supermarket for many years where she had showed consistency, reliability and great customer service experience. Paige brought those skills and her great work ethic to the team.
Why is Paige leaving? We’re part of the Fletcher Building group, with a range of manufacturing and distribution companies who operate the same systems and together, a much larger community of HR professionals. Paige has accepted a promotion with one of our sister companies – we offer a huge range of opportunities both at Tradelink and within the group, we can help you grow your career at speed!
What has this role exposed Paige to?
- How to operate in a high-volume, fast paced environment, using good judgement to navigate complex requests
- How to prioritise conflicting requests and workload – an essential skill to build in any role, but to get exposure early in your career is a game-changer
- How to build relationships at all levels of a large business – being one of the first points of contact so gaining exposure every day
- Built great MS office skills – learning from the experts in our large HR team and broader business
- Developed in-depth knowledge of a global HRIS (Workday)
- Built regular reporting skills across all areas of HR
- How to improve processes and increase efficiency, we’re a fastmoving business who change constantly
- A working understanding of employment legislation and how to apply to terms and conditions in employment agreements
- A working knowledge of Enterprise Agreements and involvement in Enterprise Agreement negotiations
- Working alongside HR Business Partners on employment relations case management
- Representing Tradelink on key projects within Fletcher Building, like Wellbeing and Onboarding - the latter using video content and Workday to reach candidates prior to commencing employment
- A member of specialist groups within Fletcher Building, (e.g. our Industrial Relations group) where knowledge between businesses and any legislative updates are shared
- Undertaken Mercer Job Evaluation training – a fundamental part of remuneration for your HR generalist ‘toolkit’
And too many other things to name here! The learning and exposure in this position will set up any aspiring HR professional in their career.
Our Tradelink People Performance Team are a collaborative and high energy group of professionals who have specialist skills across generalist human resources, learning and development and talent acquisition. As the result of this promotion, we have an opportunity available for a Human Resources Administrator based in our Banyo National Support Office.
We are looking to speak with Human Resources Administrators who have graduated from a Business degree in the past 1-2 years and who have some work experience in an administrative role. You will regard yourself as a natural organiser who enjoys the challenge of juggling competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. Our most successful team members have well-developed communication skills, intermediate to advanced skills in the Microsoft Office Suite, a keen eye for detail and love the challenge of meeting deadlines and providing practical solutions to the business daily.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.
Why Work for Tradelink?
It’s the people – these aren’t just any people. They’re real, sleeves-up, get-the-job-done kind of people. You know the ones. They know their stuff but they’re never full of themselves. They show up and stick with it, even when it’s hard.
It’s the opportunity – you’ll hear so many stories of Tradelink people doing great work and progressing in the business. Paige is one of many great stories, whether you want to step up, move across, or stay and grow right where you are, you can do it here.
We have branches across the country and a support office that’s invested and evolving. We’re always looking for people ready to put up their hand and make it happen.
And now’s the time – there’s never been a better time to join our team. Want to make a real difference for a respected Australian brand built on real, hard-working people?
Join us today - real people, always.