Drainage Leading Hand
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/27436
- Closing Date:20 Oct 2022
We are offering not just a job but the next step in your career with the support of a company that knows how important our teams are in delivering what we do best – Roading and Infrastructure.
We are on the hunt for a Leading Hand to come join our Team working within our Drainage Crew. You will need to have dirt on your boots when it comes to all thing’s drainage!
This is what we think you will need to be successful in this role:
- Experience within stormwater drainage, wastewater and potable water (Three Waters) projects
- Working knowledge of road construction and Infrastructure development
- Knowledge of materials, methods and tools involved in road construction and maintenance
- Leadership experience preferred
- Experience estimating material and worker requirements to achieve production
- A high level of physical fitness
- Reliable, honest team player who leads from the front
You will also be committed to a safety-first culture and be able to demonstrate this with your Team to bring them along on the journey.
What we offer:
- Guaranteed hours
- Competitive hourly rate
- On-going training and development
- Fletchers Benefits Programme, including discounted health insurance, family scholarships, share schemes, discount on fuel & products just to name a few for you and your family to enjoy!
Higgins (part of the Fletcher Building Group) is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. Many people have built great careers with Higgins over the last 60 years. As a member of the Higgins Green Team that opportunity is open to you as we work, grow and have fun together building tomorrows New Zealand.
Higgins Contractors is committed to providing a safe and drug free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to commencement of employment.
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.