- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/27504
- Closing Date:05 Apr 2023
We have an opportunity available for a Milling Operator to join the Higgins team in Auckland.
• Competitive hourly rate – this is a highly sought-after position in the business
• Ongoing training and development
• Opportunity for career progression
• Access to Fletchers Benefits Programme, including family scholarship & share scheme along with multi-business discounts for you and your family to enjoy
• Brand new PPE gear (that’s your own personal protective equipment)
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Prior experience operating milling machinery
• Ability to plan and deliver a milling job on a road construction site
• Excellent leadership skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to drive projects and complete within specified time frames
• The ability to show initiative and solve problems
• Strong focus on health and safety not only for yourself, your colleagues but also the public
This is a full time, permanent role working a minimum of 40 hours per week. Competitive hourly rate on offer between $30-$40 an hour.
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.