- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Laminex NZ
- Job Reference:TLG/27541
- Closing Date:07 Feb 2023
Laminex New Zealand forms part of the Building Products division of Fletcher Building and we are a trusted business partner for decorative surfaces and panel products, offering expert knowledge and exceptional value to our customers. With market leading brands in our portfolio including Strandfloor, Formica, Seratone, Melteca, Lakepine MDF and Caesarstone, Laminex NZ offers residential and commercial solutions for all interior spaces, from benchtops and cabinetry, through to structural flooring, wall lining and commercial joinery.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Automation Engineer to join the team at our Taupo manufacturing plant. Our Taupo site is embarking on a significant growth phase, with a recently announced investment into a new wood panel production and processing line that is breaking ground in 2023. This will provide you with an opportunity to play a key role in this new project that will utilise innovative technology sourced from around the world.
Initially you will be responsible for the Automation & Controls systems of the existing plant and facility on site and support production leaders with all aspects of the Automation, Control and optimisation.
In order to be successful we're looking for the following skills and experience
- Experience in Automation and Controls in a Manufacturing or similar environment
- Degree in Engineering or Technology
- Ideally trained with HMI Networks, SCADA, PLC etc
- Understanding of or experience with the principles of Machine Safety, Process Safety, and root cause analysis
- Ability to identify and recommend initiatives to continuously improve methods and procedures
- A clear communicator that can connect with the team and key stakeholders to work through problems together
This exciting role will see you contributing to the successful operations of our existing plant and facility, but also provide you the opportunity to work across the latest technology from around the world when our new plant comes on line.
Laminex New Zealand empowers its employees to initiate change and consistently contribute to our success through:
- A healthy combination of participation and autonomy
- Cultural openness to innovation and acceptance of change
- Access to relevant information
- Personal accountability for results
- Encouraging and supporting each other in providing a safe and proactive environment.
You will be joining a well-respected company offering a competitive salary, fantastic culture, real opportunities for career advancement and a range of benefits that come with working for New Zealand’s largest listed company.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.