- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Laminex NZ
- Job Reference:TLG/27541
- Closing Date:07 Oct 2022
Laminex New Zealand a member of the Fletcher Building Group, is a trusted business partner for decorative surfaces and panel products, offering expert knowledge, sustainable and innovative solutions and exceptional value to our customers. With market leading brands in our portfolio including Strandfloor, Seratone, Melteca, Hi-Macs Formica and Caesarstone, Laminex NZ offers residential and commercial solutions for all interior spaces, from benchtops and cabinetry, through to structural flooring, wall lining and commercial joinery.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to join the team at our Taupo manufacturing plant on a permanent basis for minimum 40 hours per week. Reporting to the Plant Manager you will be an integral member of the maintenance and electrical teams on-site. The team is responsible for the maintenance, optimisation and design of the electrical systems on site and delivering new initiatives and projects.
You will actively be involved in:
- Working alongside the electrical team to support of long-term electrical reliability of all the electrical equipment on site
- leading and participating in investigations for failures to improve the long term reliability of the equipment
- developing and driving electrical projects to improve the sites safety systems
- reviewing and selecting safety systems, power distribution, and control systems to select appropriate solutions
- supporting the production teams in identifying and resolving electrical problems and risks
We are looking for a team player who thrives on challenges with the following skills and experience:
- Degree qualified in an electrical engineering discipline with at least 2 years post qualification experience.
- Proficiency in electrical design and implementing best practise and document control
- Ability to manage contractors to deliver projects in a safe and efficient manner on time and within budget
- A self-starter, capable to perform in an independent way
- Focused on safety and best practice in EHS controls
- Proactive in coaching, mentoring, training and motivating of team members
- Experience in PLC ladder logic programming, fibre networks and HMI
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
You will be joining a well-respected company offering a competitive salary with a range of $80,000 - $110,000, fantastic culture, real opportunities for career advancement and a range of other fantastic benefits that come with working for New Zealand’s largest listed company.
If you are interested in the role please apply now!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.