- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/27596
- Closing Date:05 Apr 2023
We are currently looking for Bid Manager to join our New Business Team based at Fletcher Constriction Head office in Penrose. Reporting to the Head of New Business, you will win work for both Higgins and Major Projects by driving excellence in bid strategy, team formation, bid execution and conversion.
You will provide strong people and process leadership, instilling a culture of high performance and continuous improvement in your team. You will support the business to win work for medium to large prospects.
This is a chance to support and enhance the efforts of the New Business team, providing both input and an overview function in the development and submission of tenders and proposals.
Come join the Higgins Team:
• Competitive salary
• Based at our Penrose office with free staff parking and onsite cafe
• Join a supportive team that treat each other like Whānau
• Ongoing training and development to help you reach your career goals
• Career development – opportunities to grow your career at Higgins and the wider Fletcher Building group of businesses
• Access to Fletchers Building Benefits Programme, including:
• A brand-new market-leading parental leave policy to ensure employees are well supported throughout one of life’s most significant events.
• FB employee share scheme, educational and welfare funds
• A significant portfolio of retail benefits across major NZ businesses such as ANZ, Z energy, PlaceMakers, Mico and Samsung.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• BE Civil or equivalent, preferably CP Eng, preferred
• At least 10 years post grad experience - with broad experience in design/construct process
• Strong communication skills, the ability to communicate at all levels
• Solutions focused mindset, you will have the ability to implement practical and timely solutions to problems that arise
• Solid knowledge of engineering disciplines (Civil, structural, M&E) construction systems and methodologies.
• Ideally, 5 years’ experience working in a New Business/Winning Work team and dealing with clients
Higgins (part of the Fletcher Building Group) is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. Many people have built great careers with Higgins over the last 60 years. As a member of the Higgins Green Team that opportunity is open to you as we work, grow and have fun together building tomorrows New Zealand.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga