- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/27664
- Closing Date:31 May 2023
Higgins has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Bid Writer to join our Green Team.
In this role, you’ll play an integral part in collating, writing and of course, winning tenders for the Higgins and Major Projects New Business Team through high quality tender submissions. You’ll be effective and accurate in administering the tender process and pre-qualifications and commercial proposals. You’ll also support the wider business in pulling together other submission documentation including award submission documents for projects and people, business case documents, and presentations.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Previous experience in business writing and/or bid writing preferably in the civil engineering sector
- Proven ability in planning, producing and delivering compliant proposal documents
- Strong MS Office skills.
- Understanding the basics of graphic design and ability to work collaboratively with a graphics designer
- Ability to write succinctly and persuasively for a business/engineering audience with creative flair High standards of accuracy and attention to detail, with the ability to see the ‘big picture’ at the same time
- Able to assign tasks to others and track delivery of those tasks so deadlines are met
- Able to work under pressure and to demanding deadlines with strong time management/prioritisation skills
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive salary, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.