- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Stramit
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:30 Sep 2022
Proud to be Australian Made
Our products and people shape homes and communities. We’re one of Australia’s leading manufacturers and suppliers of roll formed steel building products – and for good reason.
You will see us on the roofs of iconic buildings and stadiums that span the Australian landscape. Our doors and panels open many commercial and residential builds. Our commitment is on high quality, custom made installations that put our customers unique needs and aspirations at the heart of all we do.
The Stramit difference
Here at Stramit, we are on a growth journey. We’re big enough to give you the all the benefits of a national network but small enough to know our customers first name. We get the job done right, every time – no matter how complex.
Key focus & responsibilities
This role is responsible for the Warehouse and Loading operations across all shifts at the branch. Working through the direct reports – the Loading Manager, team leaders/leading hands - the Warehouse Manager will support the drive for Zero Harm (EHS), quality and profitability while meeting required standards of productivity, efficiency, waste reduction and flexible capacity. Accountability to the customer is key as is connected process, people, and performance outcomes.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Support and belief in Zero Harm, Leader Walks, Chain of Responsibility (CoR) and stewardship of safe operations underpins all operational and branch activities.
- Manage stores and OPU functions to meet best practice standards to ensure customers are provided with the highest level of safety and customer service.
- Assist with implementation of continuous improvement and Lean principles for Warehouse and Loading, and support the improvements across the branch
- Ensure compliance to daily DRM, toolbox meetings and regular safety meetings (min. monthly and ad hoc as required
- Actively build a culture of team-work and drive accountability for individual and team KPIs
- Provide constructive feedback aimed at improving future performance and ensure employees are competent before allocating tasks or having them operate equipment.
- Development and performance management of employees
What we need you to bring to our team
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Warehouse Manager to join us at Crestmead! You will be a great team player, with a problem-solving attitude. You have a commercial mindset and a keen eye for detail. You are not afraid to roll your sleeves up to get the job done. You enjoy making a positive contribution and are a continuous learner. You are an excellent communicator and thrive on building connections internally and externally. You can pick up new systems easily and drive key projects around digital process enhancements.
We are on the lookout for;
- Excellent supervisory and team building skills
- Excellent communication and dispute resolution skills
- High customer service focus
- Ability to meet deadline
- Be able to make critical decisions on the fly
- Good Excel and general computer skills
- 5 years’ experience in similar role
- Tech savviness - Someone who is versed in relevant software packages and has no issue adapting to new software
- Someone who is keen ambitious and keen to develop themselves to the next level.
What is in it for you?
You will be joining an iconic Australian brand that is constantly evolving. With our grit, determination and relentless pursuit for excellence, we are constantly on the lookout for design and innovation enhancements to improve built landscapes. With a team that blends years of experience with youthful curiosity, we are searching for a team player to build our future together.
We commit to:
- Empowering you to shape the transformation of our business;
- Working with you to chase your career aspirations
- Ongoing education and cross functional collaboration;
- FLEXit – our flexible work program that enables you to balance your own work/life priorities
- Diversity & Inclusivity – embracing all backgrounds and ethnicity
If you are ready to join in our transformation during an exciting growth phase and are a proactive warehousing professional, we encourage you to apply today!