Traffic Management Operative
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Location:Te Awamutu
- Job Reference:27732
- Closing Date:20 Oct 2022
The Higgins Team in the Waipa region is looking for a Pilot Vehicle Operator to join the Maintenance crew.
Your primary role will be to drive the pilot vehicle for the mower and help the mower operator with vehicle maintenance and refueling but will also include general labouring duties.
What a day as a Pilot Driver looks like:
- Leading the way for a slow-moving vehicle (i.e Tractors/Mower)
- Help navigate and communicate the road ahead and conditions your slow-moving vehicle will need to be aware of
- Ensure the safety of other road users by actively communicating with your slow-moving vehicle via walkie-talkie'’s
What do I need to be a pilot driver?
- Minimum of a full, clean Class 1 license
- Can drive a manual vehicle
- Minimum of 2 years driving experience
- Comfortable driving on high-speed roads without distraction
- Solid knowledge of the NZ road code and driving routes
- Have great verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working up to 12 hour days
- A high level of physical fitness due to the physical nature of the role
What's on offer:
- Competitive hourly rate
- Grow and develop in a supportive team
- Guaranteed 40 hours a week
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependents.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haere
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.