National EHS Manager
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Environmental Health and Safety
- Business Group:Stramit
- Job Reference:SBP/TBA
- Closing Date:14 Oct 2022
Proud to be Australian Made
Our products and people shape homes and communities. We’re one of Australia’s leading manufacturers and suppliers of roll formed steel building products – and for good reason.
You will see us on the roofs of iconic buildings and stadiums that span the Australian landscape. Our doors and panels open many commercial and residential builds.
The Stramit difference
Here at Stramit, we are on a growth journey. We’re big enough to give you the all the benefits of a national network but small enough to know our customers first name. We get the job done right, every time – no matter how complex.
We know that great people get things done. Our values guide our decision making, and we know we are all better together. We believe all injuries are preventable and we never walk past – we speak up and take action. Our people share ideas and are encouraged to have a go. We anticipate and create solutions for our customers.
We are looking for a National EHS Manager to be based at any 3 of our East Coast Metro Sites (Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne). Our focus is to promote, support and encourage a culture where safety is everyone’s responsibility. We collectively work to minimise risk, eliminate and control hazards for our people, contractors, suppliers and all stakeholders towards our goal of ‘Zero Harm’.
In this role you will support the Health, Safety & Environment and Production team across Australia and provide counsel and advice for HSE Safety Systems, safety reporting and coordinating Fletcher Building HSE programs, by:
Establishing strategy for improving safety performance – Developing and implementing HSE policies, plans, programs, and systems to meet organisational objectives.
Coordinating and managing the implementation of Zero Harm Promotions and safety reporting.
Taking accountability, in conjunction with Production Managers, Operations Managers & HSE coordinators, for safety compliance as well as the achievement of lead and lag indicators.
Managing regional HSE systems and processes across all states. This includes working with external parties, maintaining self-insurance and providing local training
Leading the development and implement actions in the BU HSE plans, to monitor and drive performance and adherence to plan.
Providing advice and assistance in the management of workers compensation, and rehabilitation of injured workers.
We are looking for:
- A Diploma or higher in a related discipline with a Safety/HR focus.
- A solid working knowledge of HSE technical & legislative requirements, employment legislation and Safe Work Australia Codes of practice.
- Proven experience in a leadership role within the HSE function, ideally within the construction or manufacturing industries.
- Positive interpersonal style with experience including coaching individuals and developing teams to achieve organisational objectives
- Strong communication, presentation and relationship development skills are essential, as well as a thorough understanding of the commercial pressures facing line management.
- A high level of motivation and professionalism
- Level headed at all times, and a stable example to employees
- Strong computer literacy
What is in it for you?
You will be joining an iconic Australian brand that is constantly evolving. With our grit, determination and relentless pursuit for excellence, we are constantly on the lookout for design and innovation enhancements to improve built landscapes. With a team that blends years of experience with youthful curiosity, we are searching for a team player to build our future together.
We commit to:
• Empowering you to shape the transformation of our business;
• Working with you to chase your career aspirations
• Ongoing education and cross functional collaboration;
• Diversity & Inclusivity – embracing all backgrounds and ethnicity
So, if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit to grow an exciting career with Stramit!