- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Environmental Health and Safety
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/10047231
- Closing Date:31 Mar 2023
Develop and shape exceptional quality management processes with this coaching, mentoring and assurance role as our Southern Area Quality Manager!
Working across the Southern Area Higgins Branches and Major Projects, you will be boots on the ground in this operationally focused. You will provide education to our teams on best practice, create and embed systems and processes, audit for assurance, provide reporting and assist in quality related investigations.
If you are motivated and results driven with a proven track record in successful quality management in the Construction Industry and are looking for a new opportunity, we would love to hear from you!
Ideally based in Wellington, Palmerston North or Hawkes Bay, there is some flexibility for the right candidate.
As the Quality Manager you will:
• Provide assurance that quality management processes are followed in Branch and on Major Projects
• Coach and mentor people on what good quality management is
• Work closely with the Quality Manager Systems and your Northern counterpart
• Actively promote a positive quality culture while providing leadership, training, insight, and quality systems development
• Provide assurance and reporting to the business by developing and maintaining internal audit requirements
• Develop, implement and promote efficient systems ensuring the successful delivery and project handover of all quality assurance documentation as per operational and project requirements
What you will bring to the role:
• Tertiary qualification or formally trained in a field related to quality management including auditing and quality standards
• Knowledge of integrated systems – Quality, H&S, Risk and Environmental
• Working knowledge of the principals of risk management, safety, quality management and environmental safety including ISOs 9001, 45001, 14000
• Experience in a civil engineering or construction industry
• Demonstrated experience in leading implementation of business improvement projects
• High level communications and relationship skills with a coaching, influencing emphasis
• Flexible and resilient approach with the ability to travel
• High attention to detail
What’s in it for you:
• Competitive remuneration package
• On-going training and development
• Fletchers Benefits Programme, including discounted health insurance, family scholarships & share schemes
Higgins (part of the Fletcher Building Group) is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. Many people have built great careers with Higgins over the last 60 years. As a member of the Higgins Green Team that opportunity is open to you as we work, grow and have fun together building tomorrows New Zealand.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.