- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:27989
- Closing Date:20 Oct 2022
Our maintenance crew is rapidly growing in Putaruru. We are looking for a Maintenance Supervisor to join our team and deliver the good work we are known for. We have positions available in the South Waikato area with a secured workload ahead of us.
As the Maintenance Supervisor you will be responsible for the South Waikato network. On a day to day basis, you will be managing the operational team for delivery of cyclic maintenance works, annual programmed works, pre-reseal repairs, and additional works projects provided by Waka Kotahi. You will also deal with our supplier and sub-contractors on a daily basis and support and foster a safe work environment.
This is your opportunity to shape our future, working with an enthusiastic team known for delivering excellence.
Day to day your tasks will include but are not limited to:
- On-site management and supervision of operational crews
- Planning, organising, directing and controlling the activities and operations of road maintenance projects
- Quality inspection, data collection and assisting with claiming of work
- Ensuring work is completed to a high standard and all targets (productivity, quality and safety) are met
- A proven track record of supervising teams, ideally in roading maintenance activities
- Solutions focused with a growth mindset philosophy
- Strong organisation and planning skills with an ability to deal with unexpected events and provide clear direction to operational teams
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ideally you will have a Class 4 licence – we can support you to gain this
- Ability to work an on call roster
What we offer:
- Competitive salary plus vehicle
- South Waikato based working environment
- Career growth opportunities within the wider Fletcher business
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
As a leader in roading and infrastructure construction in New Zealand and Fiji on a continued growth path we have all the benefits of a large organisation with the heart of a smaller close-knit values-based business. Higgins is a member of the Fletcher Building family of companies, we offer an Employee Welfare Fund, Share Scheme, and an Employee Education Fund to help you and your family reach educational aspirations. A career with Higgins can lead to opportunities for career development in the wider Fletcher Building business.
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.