- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Location:Palmerston North
- Job Reference:FCH/28002
- Closing Date:08 Oct 2022
We have an opportunity available for a Fitter/Welder to join the team at Specialist Engineering Services. As a Trade Qualified Fitter Welder, you will be working on a variety of jobs including stainless steel and carbon steel fabrication. You will be undertaking repair and service of Sprayers, Bulk Tankers and Trailer equipment.
Come join the team at SES:
• Ongoing training and development to help you reach your career goals
• Competitive hourly rate
• Access to Fletchers Benefits Programme, including discounted health insurance, family scholarship & share scheme along with multi-business discounts for you and your family to enjoy
• Brand new PPE gear (that’s your own personal protective equipment)
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Level 4 trade qualified fitter/welder or equivalent
• Ideally 3 years post qualification experience in manufacturing and fabrication
• Full clean Class 1 New Zealand Driver’s License. Class 2 and Dangerous Goods would be an advantage.
• It is desirable if you have experience in Tank and Trailer Fabrication, MIG, TIG Stainless, Aluminum Fabrication, Fitting and assembly
• Strong focus on health and safety not just your own but your colleagues and the public
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga