Product Design Team Lead
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Supply Chain/Procurement
- Business Group:Steel
- Job Reference:CSP/28069
- Closing Date:18 Oct 2022
CSP is a company specialising in sourcing world-leading temporary and permanent barrier solutions, lighting and telecommunications poles, VMS boards, charging, and solar power solutions. We work closely with the civil infrastructure and roading companies in New Zealand and are part of Fletcher Building, we are a team of talented individuals on an exciting growth journey. We are investing in new technology to further cement our market position and are bringing new and innovative ideas to market. It is a great time to be joining the team!
We are in search of someone with a technical mindset, good understanding of manufacturing, technology, or production environment, technical drawings and ready to take on a leadership role as our Product Design Team Lead in Auckland. This is a newly-created role, reporting to the National Technical Specification Manager and leading the Engineering/Design team of 03 with an eye to continuous process improvement, increased efficiency, delivering service excellence to internal and external stakeholders, category management and leading to positive outcomes.
This is a varied role with a particular focus on strong leadership skills, category management, engineering/ design work, and working closely with the wider Sales, Production, and other Operational teams. As part of your role, you will:
- Take a Category Management approach to our Poles and Barrier Systems product offerings.
- Ensure internal customers receive the same standards of service and care as the external ones.
- Be the primary contact for other departments within CSP that rely on the Engineering/Design team to perform effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure published technical literature is accurate and up to date by reviewing published material to ensure accuracy and completeness of technical and marketing information.
- Support CSP’s design innovation by proactively reviewing product improvements and identifying opportunities to add new product offerings.
- Proactively contribute to the development of new processes and procedures for continual improvement.
- Manage workloads regularly to meet the needs of the Sales and Planning teams.
- Manage the workflow of all Made-To-Order inquiries received from the Sales team, from initial inquiry, design, costings, and manufacturing drawings.
We would like to hear from you if you possess the following skill set:
- At least 2 years of successful Category or Product Design/ Management experience in an engineering or manufacturing industry.
- A background in Engineering Design or Manufacturing and well-versed in reading and understanding technical drawings is desirable
- Good understanding of Health and Safety practices and cultures
- Demonstrate strong communication skills and passion to deliver excellent service to support the motto we operate by - “Make promises we can keep” and that we “Keep the promises we make”.
- Proven experience in building and managing relationships and establishing personal credibility with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Act as the innovation champion by actively searching for new innovative products and designs to be able to offer to our customers
- Efficient in time and project/process management by running simple innovation stage gate processes within agreed timeframes
- Proven leadership experience to build a positive production culture and the development and growth of the Engineering/ Design team.
What’s in it for you
As part of the Fletcher Building group of companies, you will be able to leverage experience and relationships from across our organisation and achieve success for yourself and our company. Future growth can come in all forms, as you will be part of a large organisation offering a supportive working environment, competitive remuneration, and a commitment to ongoing learning. With a huge opportunity here to make an impact and drive change, this is an exciting time to join CSP, apply today!