Solution Architect - Cloud
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Information Technology
- Business Group:Group Technology
- Job Reference:FBC/28159
- Closing Date:30 Sep 2022
The Solution Architect (Cloud) resides in the Architecture function as part of an integrated architecture team within Group Technology (GT). They are responsible for assisting and contributing to the architecture practice in the areas of design, and implementation of all core technologies used across Fletcher Building. Designing solutions using hyperscaler platforms such as Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services would be this role’s core accountability. They will work with stakeholders from across the business and GT to develop and support the execution of forward looking roadmaps, identifying fit for purpose solutions that have a positive impact on both end users and the overall business across the enterprise.
Ensure the development and maintenance of current state architecture artifacts as required to support the ongoing effective operation of the core technology environment. You will collaborate and support the lead enterprise solution / domain architect(s) in developing and maintaining all respective design artifacts required by the design governance processes. Modelling the end-to-end environment through the use of architecture modelling tools.
Behavioural and Technical Capabilities
- Effective communicator who is able to articulate technical concepts to non technical people
- In depth industry and/or solutions experience at an operational/technical level
- People, project and relationship management expertise
- Customer focused with a strategic mindset
- Strong analytical, problem solving and delivery skills combined with business acumen and pragmatism
- Excellent understanding of typical Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) architectures: web servers, caching, application servers, load balancers, and storage
- Knowledge of message queuing and Enterprise Service Bus (ESB)
- Familiarity with loose coupling and stateless systems
- Hands-on experience with core LAN/WAN network technologies
- Knowledge of RESTful Web Services, XML, JSON
- A relevant qualification in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP) certifications in Cloud Architecture, Network and/or Security qualification preferred
- Familiarity with ITIL, TOGAF and other IT frameworks is advantageous
Please Apply Now to showcase your skills and carve out a rewarding career path with the team at Fletcher Building or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.