- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Location:Te Awamutu
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:18 Oct 2022
The Higgins Green Team in Te Awamutu as an awesome opportunity for a hands on Foreperson to manage and lead the vegetation crew who look after the maintenance works on the Waikato roading network.
- Grow and develop in a supportive team who will help you succeed
- Ongoing training and development
- Competitive hourly rate + Vehicle
- Access to Fletchers Benefits Programme, including discounted health insurance, family scholarship & share scheme along with multi-business discounts for you and your family to enjoy
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Experience in leading and motivating a team
- Reliable, honest team player who leads from the front
- Extensive Vegetation/Lawn Mowing experience
- Knowledge of materials, methods and tools involved in road maintenance
- Class 2 Drivers Licence with WTR endorsements
- Ability to work with crews and foster a winning culture
- Strong focus on health and safety not only for yourself, your colleagues but also the public
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.